TWO NEW FIREARM LAWS NOW IN EFFECT IN NEVADA, AS OF JULY 1, 2011
Assembly Bill 217, introduced by Assemblyman John Ellison (R-33), allows residents of non-contiguous states to purchase long guns in Nevada. It also allows Nevada residents to purchase long guns in non-contiguous states. This legislation brings Nevada in line with the protections provided by the Firearms Owners Protection Act, which allows for the interstate sale of long guns by federally licensed firearms dealers.
Assembly Bill 282, introduced by Speaker John Oceguera (D-16), is a four-point omnibus gun bill. While this bill was initially problematic due to NRA-opposed language being inserted on the Assembly floor, the bill was rewritten in a joint legislative conference committee to benefit Nevada Concealed Carry Weapons (CCW) permit holders.
AB 282 will:
- ensure that CCW permit holders’ names and addresses remain confidential;
- revise Nevada state law to allow carrying of any semi-automatic pistol, as with revolvers, once qualified for a CCW permit with a semi-automatic pistol;
- allow carrying of firearms in Nevada state parks; and
- statutorily mandate a background investigation (which is currently being done by all Nevada sheriffs) for CCW permit renewals for the purpose of reinstating the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) exemption for Nevada, thus ensuring that permit holders do not have to go through a point-of-contact check for every firearm purchased, as long as the CCW permit is valid.
INTERNATIONAL VISITORS AND BEGINNER SHOOTERS ARE WELCOME
- The world famous gun store is one of the only places in the world where you may shoot a variety of exotic firearms.
- No special license or permit is required, just provide Photo I.D. (identification).
- Beginner shooters with no experience are welcome. Each customer comes with individual Range Safety Instructor to guide and show you every step of the way.
- Minors under 18 years old are welcome to shoot, as long as accompanied by parent or guardian. Also up to the discretion of the Range Safety Instructor.
- You may take unlimited photos and video of your shooting experience at The Gun Store.
- You may buy shooting packages online and come by any time. We are open 7 days a week and first come, first-served from 9:00 AM to 6:30 PM (PST).
- If you prefer to make a reservation, you may upgrade and book on our Private VIP Range.
- Contact us if you have any other questions at 702-454-1110, chat with us, or submit an inquiry on our “Contact” page.